Home of the Boys of Martinsville
HomeCurrent EventsBanquet FacilitiesPavilion RentalCalendar EventsOfficersFirematicsCompany HistoryRescue NewsletterPhoto Album 1Photo Album 2Ladies AuxiliarySeniority ListLinksMembershipMemorial PageRescue Member Page
"Home of the Boy's from Martinsville"





"The Home to the Boy's from Martinsville"

From the first formal meeting on January 26, 1891, the Rescue Fire Company was organized. We proudly sit in the section of North Tonawanda which is known as the Martinsville area. The year of 1891 also saw the first new Engine House built for the sum of $1,195.51. Later, a fire alarm was added to notify members of a fire. From that first meeting in 1891 to the present 2006 (some 115 years), "the boys (and girls) of Martinsville", which is one of Rescue's knicknames, the company has left it's mark on the city of North Tonawanda and at times, Niagara County when called to serve. Our Local 1333 Professional Firefighters man our station 24/7 and we provide the volunteer force to back them up. Rescue Fire Company and the citizens of North Tonawanda have been in a perfect marriage all these years working together and dedicated to the protection of lives and property. In 2004 the Mayor of North Tonawanda ordered a fire study and the result was our Engine 5 was put out of service. However, we still need able bodied men and women 18 years and older to serve the fire company as we are still very active in the city. Hopefully, increasing membership will help us maintain our fundraisers and events that help keep Rescue Fire Company serving our community for many years to come.